Among the 6xxx series of errors, QuickBooks error 6123 is the one that users can face while trying to open, upgrade, or restore their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. An error message stating, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file” might pop up on the user’s computer screen. Dealing with such company file errors can be pretty frustrating for a user as they possess the risk of data loss. Therefore, we have come up with this post to talk about the reasons due to which company file error 6123 usually gets triggered and the troubleshooting ways to fix it.
Want to get over QuickBooks error 6123 without putting in your effort on implementing any tiresome troubleshooting procedure? If yes, feel free to contact QuickBooks experts at 800.583.0572 .
What causes QuickBooks error code 6123?
Down below, we have mentioned the reasons because of which QuickBooks error code 6123 occurs:
- Data corruption in the company file.
- Damaged programs files of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
What are the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Use QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop application if it’s running.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (220.127.116.11) and store it in your Downloads folder.
- Select the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button and then select your company file from the drop-down menu.
Note: If your company file is not in the drop-down menu, select Browse to look for it on your computer.
- Select the Check your file option and then click the “Continue” button.
- Enter the admin password of your QuickBooks application and then click the “Continue” button.
- When the repairing of your company file finishes, select your company file from the list and then click the Open QuickBooks button.
Solution 2) Run Quick Fix my Program from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Right-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and then select the Open option.
- From the left pane, select the Program Problems tab.
- Click the Quick Fix my Program button and let the tool run.
- When the repairing of your QuickBooks program file finishes, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to open the company file.
Even after implementing the solutions mentioned in the post above, if QuickBooks error 6123 persists, then there are high chances that your company file might have been completed corrupted. Thus, we suggest you use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature to recover your corrupted company file and check if this fixes the error. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting support to get over company file 6123 from QuickBooks experts at 800.583.0572 .