Sometimes QuickBooks can quit unexpectedly, and you’re only left with an error message on your screen that says, “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working”. A windows generated error message can also look slightly different from this one. When you attempt to open QuickBooks after it has closed, you can get the same error message again. Many times, QuickBooks won’t even throw an error message and can straight up freeze. This blog will teach you the ways which will help you resolve this error message.
If you still can’t figure it out, it’s best you call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of QB Closes With No Error
This error message can occur due to multiple causes. It can become hard to figure out the real reason for your error message when they are numerous. However, the points stated below make it easy for you:
- QuickBooks is not accurately installed on your system.
- Your QB installation files are damaged.
- The name of your QuickBooks company file has more characters than the allowed limit.
- Windows operating system files are damaged.
With the reasons known, you can now try the solutions that are given below.
Read Also – QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Solutions When QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Start
There’s no one standard or straightforward method to resolve this error message. You might have to attempt a combination of steps to fix this error message effectively. There’s no standard time either as it varies from minutes to hours to days. If you wish to resolve this error message quickly, it’s best you implement steps as per the reason for the error message. Now, go through the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Scan And Fix Bad Sectors Of Hard-Disk
You can resolve this error message when you fix bad sectors of the hard disk. To do that, read the steps given below:
- First, open Windows File Manager. Now, right-click the C drive.
- Choose Properties, and in the Tools tab, select Check Now.
- Tick the two options: Automatically Fix File System Errors and Scan For And Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors.
- Click on Start and now wait until the process gets finished.
If these measures don’t fix your error message, try the next solution stated below.
Solution 2: Change QBWUSER.INI
Changing or modifying the QBWUSER.INI filename can help resolve this error message. Fix the measures given below:
- Open Windows File Manager and move to QuickBooks folder. Now, find QBWUSER.INI filename.
- Click on Folder And Search Options located in the Organize tab if you can’t find this file.
- In the View tab, tick Show Hidden Files, Folders, Or Drives.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Right-click the file and now choose Rename.
- You can now add .OLD at the end of the filename.
- Open QuickBooks. Now, check if the error message persists.
QuickBooks Has Stopped Working is an easy to resolve error message with the steps performed in this blog. Make sure to execute each step carefully and implement only those steps that can fix the cause of your error message.
For any expert assistance, it’s best suited for you to contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.