QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software worldwide, but just like any other software, it also has several errors. The most common errors that it faces are related to updates and multi-user. QuickBooks Error H303 is a common multi-user error that occurs due to the requirement of additional configurations to share the company information. The error may get you stuck as you won’t be able to access your files and work on them. We will provide you the detailed causes and troubleshooting methods for the error in this blog.
You may face QuickBooks error H303 when you try to turn on the multi-user mode on your network and access files saved on the Server. The error can be resolved easily by you most of the time, but may give you troubles. Call us at our 1.800.579.0391 if you need help in resolving the error.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Desktop Error H303
There are various causes that can lead to QuickBooks Desktop Error H303. These are as follows:
- If the Network Data files get damaged, you can get the error.
- A connectivity issue between the Server and the workstation can also cause the error.
- If the Hosting configuration is not proper, you can get the QuickBooks error H303.
- Windows Firewall blocking access to server can also cause the error.
- Workstations failing to identify the IP address of the server will also get you the error.
How can you fix the QuickBooks multi-user error H303?
You can get the QuickBooks multi-user error H303 resolved through multiple methods. The most effective method depends on the reason causing the error. To get the error resolved, follow the steps of the methods that we provide below:
Method 1: Correcting the Firewall configuration for QuickBooks
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and click on the ‘Control Panel’ option to open it.
- Go to the search bar and find ‘Firewall.’
- Click on ‘Firewall authentication’ and then press ‘Allow a program through the firewall.’
- Go to the Exception list and click on ‘Add Programs.’
- Select the QuickBooks version which you have to add.
- Add the ports in the next section and then save it.
- Restart the application to check if the issue is resolved.
Getting QuickBooks Error H202?
Method 2: Configure Multi-user properly
If the previous method did not resolve your Error, there might be a configuration issue with your QuickBooks application. To correct it, follow the steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application on the systems of your network.
- Click on the ‘File’ menu and then reach ‘Utilities.’
- On the Server computer, Click ‘Turn on Hosting.’
- On the workstations, click ‘Stop Hosting multi-user configuration.’
- If these settings are already enabled on the systems, let that be.
This blog discussed the reasons and troubleshooting for the error H303 in detail. If you need an expert’s help to fix the QuickBooks Error H303 on your system, call our 1.800.579.0391. Our certified and experienced experts will be glad to help you.