QuickBooks is a great software, but it is also inclined to specific errors. One such error that the users often report is the QuickBooks Error 15106. This error can trouble you while updating the QuickBooks Desktop or the Payroll software. It is also seen when there is misconfiguration with Internet Explorer settings, time and date settings, etc. Let us understand this error and solve it in our blog below.
Implementing the solutions listed is not so complicated; however, we understand how technical it could get for you after a while. We are here to break down this to you in a more user-friendly manner. Get in touch with our professionals at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes to the QuickBooks Error 15106
There are a number of reasons as to why this issue may arise. Some of the common ones are listed below-
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated.
- You have not logged in as a QuickBooks Admin.
- You used an incorrect link to download the update.
- Your software is running on poor internet connection.
- Either of your Windows or QuickBooks Desktop is corrupted.
Remedies to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 15106
Each cause stated above has a relative solution to fix the Error 15106. Let us look into these solutions-
Solution 1: Run your QuickBooks as Administrator
In case you do not access your QuickBooks using Admin credentials, then it is likely to encounter the error. You need to carry out the steps below:
- Visit the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and right-click the same.
- Then select the Run as Administrator option.
- Next, open the Properties and check the Compatibility for All Users.
Read Also – QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
Solution 2: Testing the Internet Explorer settings
If the above step doesn’t work, you can verify the Internet Explorer settings. The steps are as below:
- Choose the Gear icon in Internet Explorer and then select the Internet options.
- Now move to the Advanced tab.
- Then, under the Security tab, mark Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0.
- Select Apply and hit OK.
Solution 3: Checking the Third-Party Firewall
You need to check the Third-Party Firewall settings as it might prevent the smooth interface of the software with other files.
- Contact the firewall designer for instructions to adjust the settings and allow QuickBooks to install updates.
- You need to have access to these files-
- Also verify that ports 80 and 443 are enabled.
You May Also Prefer To Read – QuickBooks Error 1904
Solution 4: Review the system Date and Time settings
- Choose the Time Display on the system and select the Change Date and Time settings.
- Set the correct date and time.
- Choose Apply, then OK.
We hope that the above listed steps resolve your QuickBooks Error 15106. If they still fall short, or if you require assistance in some other regard, get in touch with our team of professionals at 1.800.579.0391.