Intuit QuickBooks error code 1328 appears on the screen while installing and uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop application. The error comes up with a warning message displaying, “Error 1328. Error updating file.” It is basically a QuickBooks desktop payroll error that can also occur when repairing or updating QuickBooks software. To get detailed information about QuickBooks error 1328, read the complete blog carefully.
If you are facing QuickBooks error 1328 and want an instant solution to resolve it. Get in touch with the QuickBooks technical experts by dialing our toll-free number 1800-579-9430.
What triggers Error 1328 in QuickBooks Desktop?
We suggest you go through the reasons that cause QuickBooks Desktop error 1328 before proceeding to the solutions. Here are some of them below:
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks.
- The software update doesn’t complete due to network failure.
- There might be some damage in the QuickBooks installation files and need repairing.
- System security applications have stopped the update seeing it as a threat.
Best Possible Troubleshooting Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks desktop error 1328
Given below are the most effective methods to get rid of QuickBooks desktop error 1328:
Solution 1. Clean Install QuickBooks application
- First, keep your license number handy.
- Note down QuickBooks version and product year.
- Uninstall or remove QuickBooks. Here’s how:
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Next, choose Programs and Features
- On Uninstall a Program page, find your QuickBooks version from the list of programs
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Then, select Next.
- In case you don’t find this option you need to log in to Windows again as an administrator.
- Rename the installation folders manually.
- Now, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6150
Solution 2. Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
To make use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. Here’re the steps:
- Exit QuickBooks first.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Ensure you’re downloading the latest version.
- Look for QuickBooksToolHub.exe file in downloads.
- Open the file and start the installation by following the on-screen steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- After the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- With the tool hub, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- The tool will run to fix the installation issues and can take approx. 20 minutes.
- Reboot the system after the tool finishes.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 1328, we hope you find it informative and the error is fixed. If the problem persists, talk to certified QuickBooks experts by calling us on our helpline number 1800-579-9430.
Read more : QuickBooks error 6147