Google My Business is a new service launched by Google that allows small businesses to increase their online presence. The tool offers an easy way for the company’s potential customers are able connect with them more easily, as well as finding your physical location through its powerful global positioning on Places Service!
- Google Business gives you the power to list not only your own business location on Google Maps, but also that of your industry partners, and Google’s other users. By using the Google Places service, you can display key information about your company, such as the opening/ending times, address, or even a link to your main site.
- The benefits of listing your company location in Google Maps include: its local search results are more likely to come up in local searches related to your industry, and people are more likely to find businesses in your local area if they have used your listings. You’ll be surprised at how many people conduct local searches, especially in major cities where your competitors may not be present on the first page of the search engine result pages.
- Google Places is free to use, which is an attractive incentive for businesses to start listing their businesses there. Its reliance on third-party services, such as Google Maps, means that it doesn’t share its massive database of local listings with its users. Although it can’t help you if you have a bad local search result (as it won’t share your data), it does collect reviews from searchers who are planning to do business with you.
- These reviews are then funnelled into Google’s local search results, which means that if you want to rank for a particular key term and target a particular city, you need to ensure that you’re ready to pay for this service.
What are the other benefits of adding a Google Places listing to your dashboard?
- The first, and most important, is that Google wants to make sure that you’re seen – therefore it will put you above every other business in your local area.
- The second benefit of keyword research is that it will help you target key phrases relevant to your own business and website. For example, if you sell books online then the right keywords can bring more customers by ranking higher in search results for those specific searches related t obooks!
- Another great benefit is that you’ll be able to connect with more potential customers. At present, most businesses are in the same town as their customers when they can send emails to them, post on forums and use other social media outlets; however one of the benefits of using an online marketing service for your business is its ability to make it easier for people worldwide who may not live nearby or attend trade events associated with your industry. The trick here lies in making sure whatever method chosen works best/easiest for each individual’s preferences