QuickBooks error 6210 is related to multi-user mode and comes up on the screen with a message, “A computer that is not the server computer is hosting the company file.” The error is usually seen when a user tries to open the company file in QuickBooks. Although there are several reasons behind the error, incorrect hosting setup and damaged company files are the leading ones. Go through the entire blog carefully to know what gives rise to QuickBooks company file error 6210 and how to fix it.
If you are wondering how to get rid of QuickBooks error 6210, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get direct assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
Main reason causing QuickBooks company file error 6210
This 6000 series error in QuickBooks appears due to the following reasons:
- The installation of QuickBooks software is damaged or corrupted.
- Windows Firewall and third-party applications are creating restrictions for QuickBooks.
- The user does not have sufficient permission to access the company file hosted on the server.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise error 6210
Method 1. Repair the damaged .ND and .TLG files by renaming
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop, find the folder containing your company files, and open it.
- From the folder, right-click the company files with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Select the Rename option. To change the name, add the word OLD at the end and save the files with the new name.
Method 2. Run QB Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close company files and then the QuickBooks application. Open your web browser and download the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When prompted, save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to an easily accessible location.
- Double-click to open the setup file, follow the instructions given on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After installing the tool hub successfully, open it by double-clicking the icon and select the Network Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Install QuickBooks on your server computer if not installed already and then open the server manager.
- If your company file folder is visible, click Start Scan. If not, click Browse to search it.
- Click Start Scan, wait till the server manager scans the file to resolve network issues and then open QuickBooks.
- Finally, sign in to your company file
Method 3. Open the company file locally in QuickBooks
- Open the folder that contains QuickBooks company files. Within the folder, look for the company file with .qbw extension and right-click it.
- Choose Copy, move to your Windows desktop, and right-click anywhere.
- Click Paste, keep holding the Control key, and open QuickBooks. You will be directed to the No Company Open window.
- On the prompt window, choose Open or restore an existing company and move to your desktop.
- Now, open the QuickBooks company file you copied.
This blog has provided the most reliable solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6210. It will surely help you resolve the issue. If it continues, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals for help.
You may read also : QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF