QuickBooks company file contains your company’s financial data. If you are a QuickBooks user, you might sometimes come across errors in the company file when accessing it. One such error is QuickBooks error 80070057 that triggers while you open your company file. It displays a message on the screen- ‘Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect)’. If you cannot open your company file due to this error, then, first of all, try to restart your computer. If the issue still pops up, read our blog till the end to know other troubleshooting solutions along with the reason behind the error.
If you want to get rid of the company file error 80070057, dial 1.800.579.0391 to speak to one of our certified QuickBooks experts
Why do you receive error 80070057 in QuickBooks?
There are a number of reasons that prevents you from accessing your company file due to the error 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop. They are as following-
- If you open your company file incorrectly; make sure to access it through your QuickBooks Desktop.
- There might be some issue with the .ND file, i.e., Network Data file due to which you encounter error 80070057.
Also Read : QuickBooks Abort Error
How can you fix Company File Error 80070057?
To get rid of the error message 80070057, you can apply the following troubleshooting methods-
SOLUTION 1: Use File Doctor Tool after running QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub consists of different tools that help you resolve some of the frequent errors in the QuickBooks Desktop. One such tool is File Doctor that deals with the error related to your company file.
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to a convenient location so that you can locate it quickly.
- Now, run the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- To complete the installation process, follow the on-screen instructions and checkmark all the checkboxes to agree to all the terms and conditions.
- After the installation process finishes, you are ready to access the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Now, open the application and go to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- After that, choose ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ and go to the drop-down arrow to select your company file.
- In case you are unable to locate your company file, use ‘Browse and search’ option to find it.
- Next, click ‘Check your file’ and select ‘Continue’.
- Finally, type your QuickBooks admin password and tap ‘Continue’.
- The tool will scan and identify the issues with your company file and fix them. The process can take some time, depending upon the file size. After that, you can run QuickBooks Desktop and the company file.
SOLUTION 2: Place your Company File in the C: Drive
- You are required to move the company file to its default location if it is saved to any other location. Exit QuickBooks and navigate to your company file location.
- The company file will have the ‘.QBW’ extension; right-click on the file and tap ‘Copy.’
- Now, go to the default location, i.e., C: drive and paste the company file.
- Run QuickBooks and tap ‘Find a company file’, then ‘Local Drives’. The file path is C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- After that, search your company file. Once located, choose the company file you pasted and then select ‘Open’.
Thus, if QuickBooks error 80070057 pops up even after applying the solutions we have mentioned in this blog, we recommend you contact our team of QuickBooks professionals via 1.800.579.0391.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error PS038