It has been noticed that QuickBooks users might encounter QuickBooks error 6000 83 while trying to restore, backup, or access the company file. Users may also come across this issue due to the misconfiguration in the host settings. Whenever the error pops up, it throws the following error message on your screen:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, 83)”.
However, the users may end up with QuickBooks company file error 6000 83 anytime and can be time-consuming. And thus, it may hamper productivity. Therefore, to get it fixed right away, continue reading this post till the end without missing any single point.
If you don’t have much time to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83 on your own and need professional assistance? Well, don’t worry! You can have a conversation with our highly-certified experts by calling +1(855)-738-0359. The experts will get your issue resolved within the least time applicable.
Reasons that may give rise to Error 6000 83 Opening QuickBooks Company File
QuickBooks error code 6000 83 is the 6000 series of errors that mainly occurs due to damaged or corrupt company files. The error signifies that there are some hosting issues with the .nd file. And thus, it will restrict the user from accessing their company file. However, there are several other reasons, and we have listed all of them below:
- You might experience issues using the unsupported version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Sometimes, it may occur when the incorrect extension is linked to the file’s name.
- It may also occur due to the inappropriate name of the backup file or if it includes any special characters.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error Code 6210
What should I do to decode QuickBooks desktop error 6000 83?
If you encounter QuickBooks desktop error 6000 83 while generating a backup company file, you must follow the instructions outlined below:
Condition 1:- While preparing the backup of the company file:-
- QuickBooks Desktop should be closed on your server computer. Select Quit QuickBooks Desktop from the File menu.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Afterwards, open File Explorer by typing “File Explorer” into the search box.
- From the navigation bar, choose My Computer. This is also known as “This PC.”
- Choose and open the C: drive.
- Right-click on the screen to make a new file folder, pick New, and then Folder. Give it a straightforward name, such as “QB Test Folder.”
- Create a backup company file by following the procedures below. When QuickBooks prompts you for a backup location, select the folder you just established on your C: disc.
- To restore your company file from the new backup, follow the procedures mentioned.
- Start utilizing your backup as your main company file if Error -6000,-83 no longer appears. Use your previous corporate file no more. We recommend renaming it so that you don’t use it by accident.
- If Error -6000,-83 persists, navigate to the section for your server setup (Windows or Linux) and follow the instructions.
- Then, if your company file isn’t on a server but you’re still getting Error -6000,-83, then you must consult your support staff.
Related Post: QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
Condition 2:- While restoring your company file
Try the instructions below if you’re having trouble recovering your company file because of QuickBooks error 6000 83.
Solution:-Verify your backup file name.
- First and foremost, open the Start menu by pressing the window key on your keyboard.
- Then, in the search field, type File Explorer and click it to open it.
- Open the backup company file’s folder.
- Right-click any file that ends in.qbb. Select Rename from the drop-down menu. This is the backup file for your company.
- If the filename includes any special characters, symbols, or spaces, remove them.
- Rename the QBB file’s folder by right-clicking it. If special characters, symbols, or spaces appear, you must remove them.
Wrapping It Up!!
So, here we conclude our blog, and we assure you that you got a clear picture of QuickBooks Error 6000 83. Also, these solutions will help you to access your company file without any interruptions. For any additional help, contact our professionals at +1(855)-738-0359 and get all answers to your queries.