Gujarat Cancer Society Medical College is one of the state’s most prestigious medical schools. It was established in 2009. It is affiliated with Gujarat University and covers an area of 25 acres. It has long been known for its excellent education. A common entrance exam is used to admit UG and PG students. It also encourages students to work to improve the nation’s health.
Known for providing excellent medical education through a variety of UG and PG programmes. It provides education in four medical fields. Students can enrol in various courses through CET, i.e. NEET. GCS Medical College has risen to great heights over the years. The college has a 4.3 out of 5 star rating.
GCS Medical College Highlights
|Institute type | Established||Trust | 2009|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Common Entrance Test||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
Gujarat Cancer Society College offers four undergraduate and graduate programmes. The table shows the course names and fees (total fees per year).
|MBBS||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in 10+2 + NEET||5 Years|
|M. D||Graduate in MBBS||3 Years 2 Years|
|M. S (Preclinical)|
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen and be at least 17 years old on December 31st of the academic year.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% in 10+2 (PCB stream) for general category students, 40% for SC/ST category students, and 45% for OBC category students.
- A candidate must have taken the NEET UG Entrance Examination in the year for which admission is being sought and qualified according to the criteria established by the competent authority.
GCS Medical College Eligibility For MD/MS
- A candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidate must have earned an MBBS degree from a college accredited by the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956.
- The candidate must have completed one year of internship by March 31 of the relevant academic year.
- A candidate must have taken the NEET PG Entrance Examination in the year for which admission is being sought and qualified according to the criteria established by the competent authority.
How to apply for the NEET PG?
- The candidate must register for NEET PG on the official website.
- The application fees are payable online via credit/debit card, net banking, or UPI payment gateway.
- The application fee is INR 3750 for General and OBC applicants and INR 2750 for SC/ST and PWD applicants.
Gujarat Cancer Society Medical College provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in four streams with a variety of specialisations. To be admitted to the college, interested students must meet the eligibility requirements and provide their NEET score.
- Students must pass a common entrance exam to enrol in Undergraduate courses. The CET you must pass is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- You must also have a 50% stake in the company.
- For other courses, you must be a graduate and have passed NEET.
- Candidates are chosen based on their merits and NEET examination scores.
GCS Medical College Admission Process:
GCS (Gujarat Cancer Society) Medical College aspires to be one of the top medical schools in the country. It currently serves 150 undergraduate medical students and 59 postgraduate students. Anatomy, Pathology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Community Medicine, and Forensic Medicine are the college’s eight major departments.
- The students are admitted through NEET every year for attaining the prestigious degree of MBBS which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
- Admission in GCS is done through NEET for MBBS followed by counseling for an undergraduate degree.
- It also offers MD and MS programs in various specializations for which a graduate degree from a recognized college or university is required.
- A minimum period of 3 academic years is the duration for those registering for MD.
- 149 students for UG and 52 students for PG courses were enrolled.
GCS Medical College for MD/MS
- GCSMC offers two postgraduate degree programmes: MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Science) (Master of Surgery). It has a variety of specialisations from which to choose. The table below lists the 16 MD specialisations and the three MS specialisations.
- The college has set aside 25% of the seats for NRI and Management quotas (NRI- 15% and Management quota- 10%), with the remaining 75% reserved for government quotas, which include state quotas and open category seats.
GCS Medical College Cut off
Tabulated below are the cutoff marks required for admission in college through NEET.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Score|
|OBC/SC/ST (Economic Section)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|OBC/SC/ST (Lower than Economic Section)||40th Percentile||119-107|
GCS Medical College Placement
GCS College also offers job placement assistance. It assists students in obtaining positions in the government, private sector, and international organisations. The interview is used to place students in their final year of B.Sc and GNM. Sterling hospital, kakdiya hospital, and medical cims hospital and institute, zydus hospital, and medical college are among the recruiters. Internships also come with a stipend of around INR 7,000 and free accommodation.