Multiple times while using QuickBooks, the application can stop unexpectedly. You can see an error message that reads, “QuickBooks has stopped working”. Different error messages can also appear for this issue. You’ll find the same error message even when you try to reopen the application. Sometimes, QuickBooks might not even throw an error message and can straight away freeze. To fix this issue with ease, make sure to read this blog carefully.
If you need additional assistance or help, better ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Start
You can get confused with the reason for this issue, as you might feel helpless when dealing with it. Don’t panic and stay calm to understand the reason for your issue. Some of the fundamental reasons for this issue are stated below:
- The company file name has more characters than the limit.
- QuickBooks installation files are severely damaged.
- You have damaged or corrupt sectors on your hard disk.
- Windows operating system files are damaged.
With the reasons figured out, you can try the solutions that are discussed in the next section.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error H202
Solutions For QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
Make sure to implement the steps in accordance with the cause of your issue. Doing so will help you eliminate this issue quickly and efficiently. Some of the quick and effective measures that you can take are as follows:
Solution 1: Change QBWUSER.INI
Editing the QBWUSER.ini filename can fix this issue effectively. Follow the basic measures stated below:
- Open Windows File Manager and move to the QuickBooks folder. Now, search the QBWUSER.INI file.
- You can click on Folder And Search Options in the Organize tab if you can’t find the file.
- In the View tab, tick the Show Hidden Files, Folders, Or Drives option.
- Now, click on Apply and then OK.
- Right-click the file and choose Rename.
- Now, add .OLD at the tail of the filename.
- Open QuickBooks. Lastly, check if the issue is fixed or not.
If these sets of steps don’t fix the issue, better move to the next set of steps that are explained below.
Solution 2: Scan And Fix The Destroyed Sectors Of The Hard Disk
Fixing the bad sectors on your hard disk can instantly resolve this issue. Go through the measures described below:
- First, open Windows File Manager. Now, right-click on the C drive.
- Choose Properties and in the Tool section, click on Check Now.
- Tick Automatically Fix File System Errors and Scan For And Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors.
- Now, click on Start and wait until Windows finishes the scan and repair process.
QuickBooks Not Responding is a painful issue that leaves you with few options. You have to be patient when it comes to fixing this issue. Be sure to read the causes mentioned in this blog carefully. Also, execute the steps with perfection and as per the reason for your issue.
If you still have any problems, queries or doubts, better get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.