In QuickBooks, you can print reports and invoices in pdf format. The pdf files are smaller in size and can be opened on any device. But, sometimes, QuickBooks cannot create pdf, which creates a problem for users. The error usually occurs when the Microsoft XPS Document Writer is outdated, or the temp folder permissions are incorrect. To sort out QuickBooks PDF Generation error, follow the complete blog to learn about causes and quick fixes to eliminate the error.
Got stuck with QuickBooks cannot create pdf error? Consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 for effective assistance
What are the causes behind QuickBooks PDF Generation error?
Here are a few possible reasons behind the pdf error in QuickBooks:
- The MSXML 6.0 component of Microsoft required to create a pdf is damaged and corrupted.
- The permissions for Windows user is not set up correctly.
- The security settings of QuickBooks and email software are inappropriate.
You may read also : Unable To Create Accountant’s Copy
Tested Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Save as PDF not working error
Method 1. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, make use of the PDF & Print Repair Tool
- Close the company open in QuickBooks, quit the application, and proceed to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- After downloading, save the file somewhere you can easily access, such as your Windows Desktop or the Downloads folder.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded and start following the instructions given on the screen to start installing the tool hub.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions to successfully install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and wait till the tool hub opens.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose Program Problems and click QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool.
- Wait till the tool runs to fix the issue, and then try to create a pdf again.
Method 2. Reset the permissions of the temp folder
- On your keyboard, tap the Windows and R keys at once on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Write %TEMP% in the run box, hit Enter, and right-click an empty space in the temp folder.
- Select Properties, go to the Security tab, and check that all user names and groups on the Security tab show Full Control.
- Try to create a pdf again after setting permissions to Full Control.
Method 3. Test printing with XPS Document Writer
- Quit QuickBooks, open Notepad, and type Test.
- Choose File, then Print and click the XPS Document Writer.
- Click Print, enter a file name and save it to your desktop.
- On your Windows desktop, see the XPS document you printed from the Notepad.
Here are some alternate resolutions to fix the pdf errors:
- Verify and enable XPS Document Writer.
- Change and enable XPS services are enabled.
The solutions given above to resolve QuickBooks cannot create pdf error are the most effective ones. They will surely help you eliminate the issue. If you face any problem while following the steps, connect with the QuickBooks support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6176