The physical aspect of the mind is what we know as the Brain. The brain consists of three parts the cerebrum, cerebellum and medulla oblongata. While the cerebrum forms the maximum portion of the brain, the cerebellum is smaller in size and the medulla oblongata along with the nerves serves the purpose of maintaining body balance. The brain size reduces which is why it gives rise to issues like Alzheimer’s and forgetfulness.
Brain health is important for carrying out basic problems of the body like the beating of the heart, digestion of food, and excretion of excess waste material. The nerves are the second most widely spread organ across the body next to the skin.
Ageing is natural but with proper maintenance of one’s body we can minimize the risks associated with one’s body and the deterioration caused to one’s brain. The only reason why doctors may feel the need to examine the brain is under the following circumstances.
CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH THE BRAIN HAS TO BE EXAMINED
- Repetitive headaches: Repetitive headaches can be a reason through which the body is giving the individual a signal that the brain needs help and that there is a fungal infection or an abscess or swelling in the neurons which is being reflected outside.
- Head Injury: The cranium of the skeletal system in common terms known as the skull protects the central brain from any kind of injury on top of that the hair lying over the dermal layer of the skin acts as a barrier to the microbes and micro-organisms into the interiors of the head.
- Depression: In case of stress or any kind of trauma or injury sections of the brain may be affected which may lead to problems in future. A survey conducted by a popular Neurologist in Ludhiana has clearly stated that factors like sibling rivalry, jealousy, and aggressiveness tend to lead towards black spots which are only visible via a CT scan. These dots are fluids or gaps which tend to fill the brain. The yoga school of thought says that whenever a person is more inclined towards negative emotions it creates a negative radiation within the brain and around the body and these gaps gradually tend to increase as the level of emotions in the body increases “ explained one of the most well-known Neurosurgeon in Ludhiana.
VITAMINS IMPORTANT FOR THE BRAIN HEALTH
We cannot stop the process of ageing nor can we postpone our demise because this is inevitable but we can by ways and means make the journey of your life a little bit easier before the final adieu.
- VITAMIN B – vitamin b which is a major constituent of the liver, kidney beans, sprouts etc is believed to boost cognitive ability and thus increase brain functioning hence it is always advisable to take Vitamin B12 supplements.
- VITAMIN E – I always recommend my patients to include nuts in their diet because nuts are a natural source of Vitamin E, says a popular neurologist in Punjab. Vitamin e which is found in nuts and olive oil is known to fight dementia and ailments related to dementia like forgetfulness etc