Now that everything has been packed and is on its way to your new home, the time has come. After spending the last few weeks preparing for your house removals in Perth—calling service providers, relatives, coordinating the movers, reserving storage, and who knows what else—you are probably fatigued. Your work is not yet done, though.
Study the Small Print
Reading the agreement under which you were renting or selling the property is the first thing you need to do. Different states and real estate corporations are subject to various legal requirements. The often-used yet extremely misleading phrase “broom clean” will be heard a lot. However, the general norm is to leave the property in no worse condition than when you found it. Consider hiring expert cleaning help if you are too exhausted from running errands or if you are preoccupied with the present move.
Here are some suggestions on what can really stand out, though, provided you are prepared to take on the muck and grit of your former residence.
- The bare minimum you can do in this area is vacuum and mop. Be prepared for some tough stains if you have dogs or young children. Are there any persistent poop odors or debris that vacuuming alone cannot get rid of? Unfortunately, these are not covered by the wear and tear insurance, and you are responsible for them. As a result, make sure your floors are immaculate because a carpet stain can never be covered up.
- Mold accumulation and remove hard water. No matter how briefly you resided in your previous home, the tiles, tub, and shower are probably showing indications of accumulation. Anyone who visits your house, such as a prospective tenant or buyer, will immediately assume it is dirty if they see a tiny grey mold patch in the corner of the bathtub. It is not difficult to get rid of these, but you must take the time.
- Clean the oven and refrigerator. People pay close attention in the kitchen, mainly in places where their food is prepared or stored. An inspection with your landlord or a tour with a buyer can significantly benefit from making sure any dirt and scorched food is removed. And let’s face it, these are all your leftover food, so don some rubber gloves and start scrubbing.
- Interior shelves and cabinets should be cleaned. If you’ve been neglecting the duty while residing there, cleaning these shouldn’t require much work.
- Cleanly dispose of all harmful materials. A simple method is to pack dangerous waste in a bright red container of some sort, perhaps label it with the words “for recycling,” and place it somewhere you will see it readily because it is easy to forget while packing and moving your entire home.
- Walls are easily overlooked. Although you may not regularly wash your walls, you should nevertheless take into account all the dust, toothpaste, spills, and filth that have gathered over the years before you leave your home. Discard all staples and nails that you have inserted before filling the holes. A solution of water and dishwashing liquid that has been strengthened by the addition of vinegar, washing soda, and ammonia can be used to quickly clean the walls.
Cleaning is very essential during your process of house relocation in Perth. For more of such guidelines and tips, connect with OZZIEE MOVERS right away.