Are you having difficulty opening your company file? Are you getting an error message saying “QuickBooks can’t open your company file?” QuickBooks pathway error while trying to open your company file can occur because of multiple reasons and here we are going to discuss the causes and its solutions in detail. So, if your QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file, we are going to help you resolve this error in a few simple steps.
If you are facing difficulties in fixing the error or are unable to, contact our technical team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance.
What Triggers the Error While Opening the Company File?
The possible reasons could be –
- Corrupted file path.
- Trojan attack – a type of malicious code that can take control of your computer.
- Company file is moved to another system or QuickBooks support files being removed.
- QuickBooks is opening the file incorrectly.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Fixing the Company File Path Issues
Here are a few ways you can fix the error 6177 0 –
1.Moving the File to a Local Hard Drive
Try moving your company file to a local hard drive. This step can work only when you are not using a hosted file.
- Go to File Explorer on the Start menu. Then open QuickBooks and press F2.
- Search for the company file. It will have a QBW file extension.
- After that, move it to the C drive.
- Launch the file to see if the error is fixed.
2.Updating to the Latest QuickBooks Release
Look out for the latest updates and download them. It helps to support additional features and help get rid of the company file error.
- Start by closing QuickBooks Desktop. Press the Ctrl key to open QuickBooks.
- Go to Help then click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Update Now. Click on Get Updates and press OK. Now, reopen QuickBooks Desktop and install new updates.
3.Running QuickBooks File Doctor
When the “QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file” error occurs, it indicates that the company files may be corrupted. Running the QuickBooks file doctor helps in fixing it.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub > Company File Issues. And then Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Click on the Browse button and select the damaged company file. Select the Check Your File button.
- Press Continue and sign in as an admin to your company file and then again click Continue.
4.Deleting the ND files
Deleting the network data files can help you fix the path issue and open the company file properly.
- On your server computer, open File Explorer and locate the QuickBooks folder.
- Find the company file with ND extension, right-click on it and select Delete.
5.Running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This helps users access the company files by helping you monitor your multi-user network.
- Install QuickBooks Database Server. Open the Windows menu on your server computer and search Database to open the Database server manager.
- Look for the QuickBooks folder containing your company files, open it and choose Start Scan.
- Close it after the scan finishes and set your folder permissions.
The above steps will help you in fixing the “QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file issue”. If you tried all the solutions to fix this QuickBooks error and the it persists, get in touch with our technical assistance team at 1.855.738.2784 to help you in fixing the issue.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723