By installing QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you can run multi-user mode without any hustle. In the same network, multiple users can access a specific company file. To perform this operation, every individual has to install QuickBooks database server manager on their system. Read the following blog to learn how to properly install QuickBooks Data Server Manager on your desktop to avoid getting “QuickBooks database server manager stopped” error.
If you have any queries regarding QuickBooks Database Server Manager, call our QuickBooks support for assistance on 1.800.579.0391
The Process to Properly Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop
You cannot install QuickBooks Data Server Manager separately on your system. Once you install QuickBooks on your desktop, QuickBooks Data Server Manager installs automatically. Thus, follow these steps to know how to download QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Get access to QuickBooks Product Download Page. There you will find QuickBooks Desktop. Install it.
- Save the file to any location at your convenience.
- Click ‘agree’ on the Software License Agreement of QuickBooks.exe file.
- By clicking on ‘next’, a dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the product and License Number.
- Choose any of the install types- Custom and Network or Express.
- At last, activate it and update the QuickBooks Desktop.
After downloading, proceed further to access DB Server Manager on the computer that will host the company files. The Data Server Manager only allows the server computer to install it. Go through the following procedure-
- Close all the applications running on your computer and go to QuickBooks.exe file.
- As per the instructions given, install and select the installation type, that is, the Network or Customs option.
- Tap on ‘next’ and select your desired option for network setup.
- Finally, install it.
Also Read : Quickbooks error 15270
How to permit the QB Database Server Manager to run on the server computer without getting any error?
- Manually set up the firewall to allow the QB Database Server Manager to run on your computer that is hosting the company files.
- Search and click on ‘Windows Firewall’. You will find it under the ‘Start’ menu.
- After opening it, go to ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules and choose ‘New Rule’.
- Tap on ‘next’ after selecting a port.
- After selecting TCP, go to the specific ports in specific ‘local ports’. Your installed version of QuickBooks desktop will display the port format accordingly.
- Select ‘Next’ after entering the port number and ‘allow the connection’.
- Again, click on ‘next’ and select all the profiles.
- Again, a ‘next’ option will pop up. Tap on it and create a rule.
- Name it and ‘Finish’ the configuration.
You need to download QuickBooks Desktop on your system because it includes QB Server Manager. As a result, you do not require to install it independently. Make sure to install it on the server computer. If you cannot install the software on your system or face any issues while downloading QB Database Server Manager, reach us at 1.800.579.0391 as one of our assistance experts is always ready to help you with errors like “QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped”.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 6189