At times, while opening the company file, you may come across QuickBooks Error 6000 80. Well, in that case, you need to fix the issue at the earliest for better performance. When the error takes place, it means that you are neither able to work on your company file nor open it. The error code 6000 80 can take place on both local and network setup. Therefore, to resolve this issue, you have to choose one of single or multi-user mode.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
Below we have listed some of the major factors that can bring forth error 6000 80 in QuickBooks:
- It occurs when the conversion or restoration of data takes place over a network.
- You might have hosted QuickBooks data files on many computers.
- QuickBooks and your hosting server are unable to communicate.
- You might be using a damaged data file.
What Are The Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80?
Here, we have mentioned the effective methods that can help you fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80.
Solution 1: Use QB Company File Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, you can download QB Company File Diagnostic Tool.
- Once downloaded, you can run the tool.
- If in case you come across data damage, but the tool is unable to repair it, then in that case you have two options:
Either try restoring the company file that you have backed up recently.
- You can make use of the Auto Data Recovery process to restore data.
- You can also send your damaged QuickBooks company file to Intuit’s data recovery team.
- If the company file’s issue is detected by the QB Company File Diagnostic Tool, it signifies that there is no such issue with the company file.
If the QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80 persists, then you must proceed to the next one.
Solution 2: Copy to the local hard drive
- Firstly, you need to copy the .qbb file (backup file) or .qbw file (company file) to update the local hard drive, such as a C drive.
- Once done, you need to either restore a backup or update the QB company file.
- Copy your company file again to the original location of the restored or updated file.
You can eliminate the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-856-0053.