Despite being a great software with numerous advanced features, users face technical glitches while working on QuickBooks Desktop. One such common error that users encounter is QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. It usually appears when a user tries to open their company file. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. Error code: (-6073,-99001). This blog will brief you on the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error 6073 and 99001, along with troubleshooting techniques to fix it, so read carefully until the end.
If you want to consult certified QuickBooks professionals for assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001, call us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to them
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001
The error occurs due to a couple of reasons listed below:
- The company file that the user is accessing is open on another system in Single User mode.
- The user is trying to access the company file using remote software.
- User’s company file is kept in a read-only network folder.
- The files are hosted on a Linux server and use multiple sets of login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
Go through the next section of the article for quick fixes.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 6073 and 99001
Solution 1. Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks and proceed to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded setup file to your Windows Desktop or the Downloads folder.
- Locate and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start installing the tool hub by following the prompt steps.
- Checkmark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the QuickBooks Tool Hub installs completely, its desktop icon will appear on the screen.
- Go to your desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- From the tool hub, select Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll the drop-down menu within QuickBooks File Doctor and select your company file.
- Tick the middle, Check your file option and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter the login credentials and click Next.
- Let the tool scan your company file. The scan time depends on the size of the company file.
- When the scan completes, open QuickBooks and sign in to your company file.
If the company file error persists, proceed to the next solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 6189 816
Solution 2. Switch your QuickBooks Desktop to Multi-user mode
- Exit QuickBooks on all workstations.
- Move to your Host computer and open the company file.
- Select the File menu and then the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
If the error continues, reboot your device and follow the next solution.
Solution 3. Open your QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode
- In QuickBooks, select the File menu and then the Close company option.
- Open the company file again, go to the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file and then Next.
- Pick your company file, click Open file in multi-user mode and then Open.
If the above troubleshooting solutions don’t help you fix QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001, get assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error 6000 77