“Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file” this is an error message that appears right after you hit the Get Payroll Updates option under the Employees tab in QuickBooks. This common problem updating QuickBooks results from having several issues in the QuickBooks Desktop, supporting components, and payroll subscription. Payroll and all other related activities stop working once you get 15270 or other 15XXX errors. Further in this article, we will discuss the most common causes of QuickBooks error 15270 and what measures you can take to avoid and fix the issue in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks support team is available 24/7 to help fix payroll related errors in QuickBooks, and you can contact one of the experts from the support team by dialing QuickBooks support number 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6130
Reasons that Trigger Error Code 15270 while Updating Payroll
Most of the payroll update errors trigger when QuickBooks, for some reason, can’t connect to the update server, and there are some specific reasons behind this issue. Here is a list of all of them.
- A bug in the previous update can restrict QuickBooks from installing the payroll updates.
- General internet connectivity and browser issues are also why QuickBooks fails to install the payroll updates.
- If the EIN or Payroll Service Key used to activate payroll is incorrect.
Moving forward to the next section of this article, we will learn how to tackle all the issues mentioned above in the most straightforward manner possible.
Top Solutions to Rectify Error 15270 in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Reset and Install all Updates at Once
- Exit QuickBooks if it is running on the system and run it as an administrator.
- If QuickBooks prompts you to install the updates, click Install Later, go to the Help tab, and select Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Update Now tab, and in the next window that appears, checkmark the Reset Updates checkbox.
- Now click Get Updates and OK and restart QuickBooks.
- Click Install Now on the prompt and try to install payroll updates now.
Solution 2: Fix Internet and Browser Issues
- First, check the status of your internet connection and ensure it is stable.
- You can also try to switch to a hard-wired connection instead of wireless.
- Set Internet Explorer as your default internet browser.
- Try to download the payroll updates now and check if you can get the latest payroll updates now.
Solution 3: Verify if the EIN and the Payroll Service Key used is Correct
- Run QuickBooks and click the Employees tab.
- Now select My Payroll Services and move to the Account/Billing Information section.
- When prompted, enter your account’s login credentials, and you will be redirected to the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
- Verify the status of your payroll service and if it is not activated, update the billing info and activate it.
- Also, make sure to use the correct EIN in the company file.
Once you have implemented all the troubleshooting solutions above, try to install the payroll updates again and check if you have successfully resolved QuickBooks error 15270. If the error is still restricting you from getting the payroll updates, dial 1-855-856-0042 and contact the QuickBooks support team now.
You may also read | QBDBMgrN not Running on this Computer