Payroll is one of the essential tasks that need to be performed by a small accountant or CPA with extra caution and dedication. Despite much concentration, they cannot complete the payroll-related tasks on time. Therefore, they must require payroll management software to maintain the payroll activities easily. In such cases, QuickBooks provides you with the payroll feature to efficiently carry out the payroll activities without further delays. You can also access the top-notch and enhanced payroll features by updating them to the most recent version. But at times, users might encounter QuickBooks Error 15241 while trying to update the payroll. On the occurrence of the error, you will be presented with an error message stating:
“You receive error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully”.
The error can also be triggered if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. Unfortunately, due to this error, you won’t be able to complete the Update, and thus it hampers the payroll management activities in the organization.
Don’t have any technical knowledge to fix QuickBooks Error 15241 and want instant help? Well, don’t worry and contact our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053. Our experts will guide you in the best possible way as soon as possible.
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
It is essential to know about the root causes that trigger QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241 so that you can fix it easily. To help you get you aware of all such reasons, we have listed some of them below:
- It might take place due to incorrectly configured system settings.
- Sometimes, this error might occur when QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is not working.
- One of the reasons that prompted QuickBooks Error 15241 is the older version of QBDT.
Verified Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
Are you looking for the best troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15241? If yes, then go through the resolutions listed below:
Solution 1: Enable QuickBooks FCS Service:-
Below we have listed the steps to enable QuickBooks FCS Service for Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks application is closed if already open.
- Tap on the Windows Start menu and then right-click on the Computer option. Further, choose the Manage option.
- Select Services and Applications from the left-pane.
- Soon after this, double-click on Services located at the left-pane.
- Next, double-click on Intuit FCS Service.
- Go to the General tab, choose Startup type by clicking on the drop-down menu and click Manual.
- Now, tap on Apply > Start > Ok.
- Further, open QBDT on your system.
- Finally, download the latest QuickBooks Desktop Update and payroll tax table.
Solution 2: Manually update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent release
- In the first step, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- After this, type “QuickBooks” into the search column and search for the QuickBooks Desktop version in the search results.
- Choose the highlighted Run as administrator option.
- When prompted, type in the admin password of QuickBooks.
- Now, in QuickBooks Desktop, tap on the Help menu located at the top menu bar.
- Soon after this, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- Move to the Options tab and click on the Mark All button.
- Further, hover your cursor over the Update Now tab, mark the checkbox of Reset Updates, and then select Get Updates.
- At last, restart QuickBooks Desktop and click the Yes button when it asks for your permission to install the downloaded updates.
Also Read : Latest QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update.
Summing It Up!!
So, here we conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 15241 and hope that the solutions mentioned above will help you fix the error. If you still get the error even after implementing the solutions listed above, we suggest you to verify your internet connection. For any additional troubleshooting help to resolve the error, contact our experts at the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.