With QuickBooks, it is quite convenient to manage your employees’ payroll as you can directly send paychecks from QuickBooks to your employees. As a business owner, having the option to send the paychecks to your employees using QuickBooks directly saves you a lot of time and energy processing paychecks. However, at times the paychecks get stuck with a status that reads “Online to Send”, and when this happens, you get error PS038 while downloading payroll updates or running payroll. If you are also dealing with a similar situation where you are unable to process employees payroll because of QuickBooks error PS038, go through the information below and get the error fixed in minutes.
Delay in payroll processing can severely affect the business image, and if you are running out of time for processing your employee’s payroll, dial 1.800.579.0391 and ask one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for help
What could have Prompted Error PS038 in your QuickBooks?
As we have already discussed above in this article’s introduction, having paychecks stuck as “Online to Send” is one of the primary causes of getting error PS038 in QuickBooks Desktop. Other possible reasons that can prompt the same issue are mentioned below.
- You are running payroll or installing the payroll updates without having your QuickBooks Desktop updated.
- If you have condensed your data due to which the dates of the paychecks those are stuck as “Online to Send” also get condensed.
- If you have not merged the changes done by your accountant in the company file.
As you know, the reasons that prompt error PS038 in QuickBooks, simply follow the solutions below for a quick fix.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks Desktop with the Latest Released Updates
- Run QuickBooks Desktop with admin permissions and go to the Help tab to select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Move to the Update Now tab and click the Get Updates option to prompt QuickBooks to download the available updates.
- Once the updates are ready to be installed, restart QuickBooks Desktop and click the Install Updates option.
- Try to update the payroll now and check if you are still receiving the error code PS038.
Also Read : Quickbooks error 6000 77
Solution 2: Find the Paychecks that are Stuck as Online to Send
- Go to the Edit tab and select the Find option.
- Now move to the Advanced tab and look for the Choose Filter section.
- Now click the Detail Level option using the Filter list.
- Now make your selection for the Summary Only option and go to the Choose Filter section once again and click the Online Status option using the Filter list.
- Now from the options that appear in the drop-down, select the Online to Send option.
- Use the Find option to look for the stuck paychecks.
You can also run the Verify data tool to locate the stuck paychecks. Make the necessary changes to the stuck paychecks and try to send the payroll once again. If QuickBooks error PS038 is still not resolved, try merging the accountant’s changes in the company file. If you require the help of an expert to resolve the issue, dial 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with one now.
Also Read : Quickbooks Database Server Manager Stopped