QuickBooks online and desktop both are amazing in terms of integrating with third-party banking applications and services. If you have integrated QuickBooks with your online banking, then you will need to reconcile accounts to ensure all your banking data is in good shape. Bank reconciliation problems in QuickBooks are quite normal when you reconcile credit card or checking account in QuickBooks. if you have also facing QuickBooks reconciliation problems, then this article is for you. In this article, we have listed the primary reasons that can cause QuickBooks online bank reconciliation problems and quick methods to resolve them. Keep reading the complete article on QuickBooks Reconciliation Issues for detailed info.
Dealing with QuickBooks reconciliation discrepancies? If yes then follow the instructions listed in this article or contact QuickBooks banking experts at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons that cause Reconciliation Problems in QuickBooks
There could be many different reasons that can cause issues matching the QuickBooks ending account balance and the bank statement you have. Down below we have listed some of the most common reasons that can cause reconciliation problems in QuickBooks.
- Mistakes while making an entry in QuickBooks is one of the common reason for such errors.
- Find that If there are any missing checks present in QuickBooks.
- If you have accidentally missed entering transactions in the QuickBooks transactions database.
- Faulty adjustments in QuickBooks can also be a reason for QuickBooks reconciliation problems.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 6147
How to Reconcile Accounts Payable in QuickBooks?
Before reconciling accounts payable in QuickBooks, make sure to verify the following points:
- Run a reconciliation discrepancy report to identify the exact cause of the issue.
- Run a report to check the missing check in QuickBooks and if found, enter them to get rid of the reconciliation problems.
- Run transaction detail report to check if all the transactions are entered properly in QuickBooks.
- Also go through all the adjustments that have been made in the past to the accounts.
Following are the steps to reconcile accounts payable in QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks and click the Gear icon at the top.
- Now select Reconcile again and choose the Chart of Accounts option instead of your bank or credit card.
- If the difference is not zero, then go to the Reports section and select Customers and Receivable.
- Now click the A/R Aging Detail option to process and once again navigate to the Reports section.
- Click Receivables and then Open Invoices option.
- Now the final part, match both the reports and check where exactly the error lies.
In case, if you are unable to implement the solution mentioned above to resolve QuickBooks reconciliation problems, then contact us at 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with certified QuickBooks experts for error resolution.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 80029c4a