Dell Support Assist is the most reliable resource for technical assistance to Dell users. It’s like having an expert tech inside Windows-powered Dell PCs, assisting you to solve any issues you require it. With the latest technology on your computer, you are able to examine the PC’s Hardware and Software and diagnose performance issues and receive alerts about update suggestions, contact technical assistance, receive the latest software and driver updates delivered promptly, offer automated fixes for common issues with configuration, and get warranty information.
It also assists in creating an accurate report of the issues to Dell experts to aid them in understanding the severity of the issue and determine an answer as soon as possible before the issue becomes too big.
In the event that your Dell device is within the warranty period If it is, then Dell Support Assistant executives will assist you in resolving the issue without imposing additional charges for repair work. To fully experience the power from Dell Support Assistant you can unlock additional features by upgrading to a the paid versions of Dell Support Assistant.
Solutions for DELL SUPPORT ASSISTANT not responding to Windows
The majority of Dell customers are running Windows 10 installed on their laptops and PCs because of which they have to verify and download Dell Support Assistant to download Windows 10 for latest driver updates. It’s therefore common for them to encounter problems with the configuration of programs installed on their computers and Dell Support Assistant. While it offers a lot of benefits for Dell customers, Dell Support Assistant is susceptible to technical glitches also, and it’s useful until it ceases to function due to a variety of reasons that are not clear.
Many Dell users have complained about the same issue , and have questioned the validity of the application by giving negative feedbacks. This means that you’re not the only one to experience this If you have also had this issue. Here are a few easy solutions that you can try:
Rename Dell to the Dell file
If the issue persists, change the Dell name of the file by following the steps.
- Follow the instructions of your computer
- C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources
- Locate the file “New-Dell-Logo-White-Small”
- Right-click on the file, then select “Rename “option
- Take out Small from the end. It should be “New-Dell-Logo-White”.
- Begin the Dell assist support and test whether it works.
- Make sure you update the Dell Laptop Window Dell Laptop Window
- Search the box on the Windows 10 screen found in the lower left corner.
- Enter “Windows Update” into the box, then click to ” Check for Updates“
- After you have updated Windows 10, restart your Dell PC
- If the issue persists Try the following step:
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Dell Laptop Software on the Dell Laptop
To ensure that your Dell PCs operating smoothly and up-to-date, you may be asked to uninstall and install Dell Support Assistant for apps and features that are available in Windows 10.
How do I uninstall Dell Support Assistant?
The removal of Dell Support Centre might leave your Dell PCs vulnerable to problems that are difficult to resolve by yourself. If it doesn’t perform as it should, what’s the purpose of having it in running mode. To install SupportAssist it is necessary to remove it first.
Take the following steps in order to remove SupportAssist.:
- Click on your Start Menu option in your Windows screen, which is located in the lower left corner of the page . Select “Control Panel” option.
- Under the “Programs” choice, choose “Uninstall the Program”
- In the listing of available programs choose “Dell Support Assist”
- Select “Uninstall” for confirmation of that the program has been removed
How do I turn off the DELL SUPPORT ASSISTANT?
Follow these steps to disable Dell Support Assist.
- Press “Win+R” Type “msconfig” and hit “Enter” to launch System Configurations
- Click on The Startup Tab, locate and remove “Dell Support Assistant”
- Select “OK” after which reboot the computer.
How can I fix Dell Support Assist Not Working Error.
If you are looking to resolve these kinds of issues, this step-by-step guideline solve this kind of issue in your device.
1. Remove all files and uninstall Support Centre
If you wish to settle on these kinds of issues First, Uninstall Dell Support Centre. Dell Support Centre from your device or computer. If not, you must delete the entire folder and files on your device that are related to Dell Support Assist or Dell Support Centre. Take a step towards resolving this issue as described in this exact action:
1. First, press the your keyboard and hold the ‘windows logo’ key and press “R” and then launch Run Dialogue. Run Dialogue box.
2. Once you have opened the Run dialog box, type “appwiz.cpl” and then click or press Enter. A new window will open. Click to access the option Programs and Features.
3. After that, you should go to Dell Support Centre and Dell Support Assist. Dell Support Centre and Dell Support Assist.
4. The first step is to do this, Dell Support Centre or Dell Support Assist right-click and do this.
5. Now, select the option.
6. It is essential to wait until your device or computer completes the removal process of Dell Support Assist or Dell Support Centre.
7. Once you have done that, press the Windows logo key along with the E button to open Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer as well as the File Explorer.
8. Look to the right side of the windows, and click on the My Computer section or PC.
9. Then, go into C Program files and remove or erase the name from Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Centre.
10. Then after, Go to C drive and find location name C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Temp and removing all files and folder Temp.
11. After done, In C drive go to the section with is C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming and remove PCDR folder.
And restart the Windows device, you’ll be able to resolve this issue by yourself.
2. Do Restore your Device or Computer
1. If you are able to resolve this issue, first perform the system restore procedure on your Dell device in a different method to fix this specific error. In this case, follow the following steps:
2. First, locate it Cortana section of the Windows 10 Device.
Find it, and then tap the Create Restore Point section.
3. Once you’ve done that, you’ll can see the properties of your system and your device or computer will begin to contain and displaying the settings within the restore point. In the computer window, next, navigate into Protection Setting and enable it within the Local Disk C (Computer Drive).
4. If you notice a disabling message itwill be disabled, and then you must select that disk and then tap the Configure tab to enable it.
5. After that, you will have full access to allot the most space on your disk and also allow System Protection.
6. You have made it according to your requirements.
7. After that, select Apply option and then select OK to apply the changes.
8. Then, you will notice the changes on your device at any time. Your device or computer will create an automatic restore point.
After that, you should check your Error Status. If it is there, you can try using a different method that is suggested by it.
Step 3: Reinstall Windows Operating System
If the issue isn’t to be resolved. first, you must backup your device’s data to an external device. Reinstall your device or computer. After that, you will have Installed Drivers and Software.