There have been some wrong misconceptions about relocation companies. It would be best to arm yourself with all of the necessary information to select house movers in Bradford. The quality of a removal company’s service might differ between a trouble-free relocation and a more difficult one. So do everything you can do to build & maintain your confidence in the company you pick.
To prevent becoming a victim on moving day, here are some easy things to ask your moving company
After reading this article, you will be able to understand the key questions to ask before hiring house movers. This page contains answers to all of the must-ask questions. Let’s take a look at those questions.
Inquire about equipment
1. Find out how big the removal company’s trucks and vehicles are. You don’t want to be held up as tiny cars are loaded, transported, and then emptied. If necessary, they should give a single massive truck (a big vehicle).
2. If required, ask ahead of time if your moving company supplies packing boxes and, if so, how many packages they will deliver. Some firms will sell you a set of packing boxes, while others will include them in the moving price, and yet others will rent you reusable ones. Furthermore, if cardboard boxes are provided, always request double-walled boxes because they are more robust. Make certain that you have enough tape on hand, as well as a tiny cutter to open the boxes at the other end. Many establishments also feature one-of-a-kind bookshelves or wine racks.
3. Confirm that the removal business has all of the required extras. As a result, such as a SatNav to help you find your new home quickly, blankets to wrap heavy furniture, hanging closets, mattress coverings, and so on. Additionally, these goods might be the difference between a successful and failed transfer.
Request a pre-move questionnaire
1. Always request that the removal business send a surveyor to your house to confirm the volume of your things to be relocated and discuss your demands. Make sure everything you’re moving is visible, including anything in the attic, cellar, or garage. • Inquire about storage alternatives or if they can recommend if necessary.
2. Regardless of whether you plan to use it, find out whether they provide packaging services. If you think you’ll need this, notify them as soon as possible so they can dedicate adequate time to your packing and include it in your quotation, so you’re not surprised by the price.
3. Following the survey and discussion of any further services you may require request a thorough written estimate and a set price.
Inquire about the staff
1. Is their workforce well-trained? Who are you referring to? (Removal firms can take advantage of training programs offered by the British Association of Removers (BAR) and other trade organizations.)
2. Is their workforce uniformed? When your home door is wide open, and strangers are transporting your things back and forth. As a result, being able to identify anyone who isn’t a corporate employee is essential.
3. Will the movers you choose for your relocation be independent contractors or full-time employees? Casual workers are less likely to be worried about their belongings or to feel responsible for the task at hand.
Request some general information
1. Obtain a landline phone number as well as a complete address (not a PO Box). Cowboy removal businesses often operate exclusively through the use of a mobile phone.
· How does the company like to be compensated? Cowboy removal businesses only accept cash. The majority of reputable moving companies accept credit cards and cheques.
Inquire about insurance
1. Also, inquire about their insurance policies. Check to determine if you need to add any valuables that their insurance would not cover during the relocation to this list. Many homeowner’s insurance policies prohibit coverage for everyday household items while in transit.