QuickBooks error 12157 takes place when a user tries to update the application. The error mainly occurs because of a faulty internet connection and a problem with the Windows Firewall. It is one of the common payroll update errors with the 12XXX series error code. Normally, following a few troubleshooting solutions can help resolve the issue. Stick to the advisory blog to know what leads to QuickBooks payroll update error 12157 along with the troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
If you had too much of QuickBooks error 12157 and want to fix it right away, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by giving us a call on the QuickBooks support telephone number 1.855.738.2784
What are the causes behind QuickBooks payroll update error 12157?
Before you jump to the troubleshooting section, take a glance at the prominent causes listed below that trigger the error:
- Presence of multiple copies of the same QuickBooks version on the computer.
- Background applications are draining the internet’s capacity.
- The clock on the workstation displays the incorrect date and time.
- The internet connection is not stable.
You may read also : I keep getting 1712 error when trying to update QuickBooks
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop error 12157
Given below are the most reliable solutions to resolve the error:
Solution 1. Reset updates of QuickBooks application
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop program and choose the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and click Update Now.
- Click on Reset Update and then the Get Updates button.
Solution 2. Correct the computer’s date and time
- Move to your desktop, right-click the clock and select Adjust Date/Time.
- Click the Change date and time option, choose the correct date and time, then click OK to save the changes.
- Close the window and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, try to download the QuickBooks update again.
Solution 3. Repair the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Close the QuickBooks application and go to the Windows Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel, move to Program and Features, then click Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll the list of applications, choose QuickBooks, and click Uninstall.
- Finally, click the Repair button.
Solution 4. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and run Quick Fix my Program
- Quit QuickBooks and download the setup file of the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version from Intuit’s official website.
- When the download completes, save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to an easily accessible location.
- Double-click to open the file from the saved location and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After installing, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and move to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program and wait till it resolves issues within the QuickBooks program.
- Once Quick Fix my Program completes, close the tool hub and restart your workstation.
The troubleshooting process discussed in the blog above will surely help you eliminate QuickBooks error 12157. If none of them work for you, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling on QuickBooks tech support number 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error