QuickBooks error 6000 usually occurs when the user tries to open the company file in the QuickBooks Desktop application. There are several reasons behind the error, incorrect network setup and damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager user account are the leading causes. The QuickBooks 6000 series errors can take place on both local and network setup. This blog will give you detailed information on QuickBooks Desktop error 6000, its causes and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, then call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and speak to certified QuickBooks professionals
Main causes of QuickBooks company file error 6000
There are several reasons behind the error. Have a look at some of them given below:
- The company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall is blocking connection between the server computer and the workstation.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks error 6073
Know Steps to Deal with QuickBooks error code 6000
Following are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Get the latest QuickBooks update
Here are the steps to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close company files.
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Choose QuickBooks and right-click its icon.
- Select Run as administrator.
- When the No Company Open screen prompts, choose the Help menu.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Next, select the Update Now tab.
- Before proceeding, mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click Get Updates to start the download.
- Install the latest QuickBooks update.
- Reboot your computer.
If the error is still occurring, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Use the File Doctor Tool to resolve company file issues with QuickBooks
You need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation to run the tool. If you haven’t already, the steps given below will guide you through the same:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Download the latest update of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The QuickBooksToolHub.exe file will be saved to the Downloads folder.
- Go to the Downloads folder and open the downloaded file.
- Follow the prompt steps and start installing the tool hub.
- Mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop after the install completes.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you can’t find your company file, click Browse and search to find it.
- Select the middle, check your file option and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter login credentials and click Next.
- Let the tool run to resolve the issues.
- Once the scan completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
This brings us to the end of the blog. We hope you find it helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 6000. If the error continues after troubleshooting, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing our customer support number +1 800-578-9430. They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting steps for the same.